Friday, January 13, 2012

Something Has Shifted--Again

Kite Season; the sky is full of kites
The incinerator/consciousness walk was heartfelt and clear.  The difference was the inner spaciousness was combined with present time and there was no focus on my part.  Before when I was experiencing it in a new way, it felt distorted and disconnected from "real time."  I don't think anything on the list was missed for separation:  begging children (yes, everything is back to normal now), men staring from the street while I am trying to work out in the gym, almost hit by moving vehicles, dogs in poor condition, lots of honking, general chaos, vendors trying to get extra money out of me, elephants with chained front legs, horses that are lame/very poor condition, people defecating/urinating on the sidewalks, running out of water while washing, owners of room making requests.... But none of it triggered a reaction--not even an inner tremble.  

Small steps compared to this:


"I'm not thinking about anything now. My child is dead."
NGADOK, a woman in South Sudan whose 6-year-old son was killed by members of a rival tribe.

No comments: