Friday, January 6, 2012

Part 2 of the Lesson Plan


Part 1.  How to be at peace within one's self?

Part 2.  How to be at peace while in the world?

I understand and can execute part 1 now.   I wasn't sure if once I could accomplish part 1 that part 2 would take care of itself.  Apparently not.  Onward with the path.  The universe is so awesome with its' lesson plan.  Options.  I could create an environment that enables me to accomplish 1 and 2, but my idea for coming was to find that peace in every variation that the universe could create.  I am actually getting the swing of India, but I am really not okay with watching brutality (a world wide issue) and not responding.

The situation with the horse abuse has tipped me off my axis a bit.  I don't have the same inner emotion of anger, but I am not at peace.  More homework.  I have now made a complete circle to the point of why I came to India to look for answers on the spiritual path.  Over the years of observing training, I have learned to do just that--observe.  There may be a reason for the forceful correction, so one needs to understand the circumstances.  Before I tend to react, I need to witness repeated abuse, so that I know that it is an unjustified pattern.  I have been observing this with the trainer here for 3 months.  In these situations, people don't tend to appreciate you bringing up the truth.

Question for the oracle.

1. In principle, the spiritual path leads us closer to truth--at least within our own sphere.  Yes.

2.  When you observe a disconnect from truth outside your sphere (tornado) do you:
    a) Ignore it?  (In principle, then you are part of the abuse.)
    b) Address it? (Creating some sort of disturbance and movement towards duality.)

There was a sigh, head shaking and comment about the difficulty from the oracle.  Suggestion--search within for a different answer than the two I outlined.

Now I am wondering, can one create a disturbance without moving towards duality.  I hope Pahari Baba is up for this inquiry.

No comments: