Thursday, January 5, 2012

How Involved Does One Need To Be?


The man who works at the gate where I saw the "debris dog" was so kind.  Even with sign language, he knew exactly what dog I was asking about and helped me search around.  No luck so far.  HIS is willing to come out, but I want to make sure the dog is present for their efforts.

Within just a few minutes to drop into the exquisite beauty of the Divine's presence and feel the only too familiar tears of gratitude, but then to take the auto-rickshaw across town through the variations of human existence. For me somehow being in or on something that is moving creates a state of detached awareness.  Maybe from years of driving.  It was always my quite time.  Riding would detach me from the surrounding.  The awareness "outside" the vehicle is softened.

How involved in the working of the planet does one want to or need to be?  Is that part of what changes going inward?  I like walking, but not noticing too many of the details allows it to stay tolerable.  I like teaching riding, but not noticing the other trainer brutalizing the horse he is training makes it more tolerable.  I like exercising at the gym, but not noticing the men outside staring or trying to take photographs makes it more tolerable.  I like taking the auto rickshaw through town, but not examining the living conditions of the family living in the street meridian makes it more tolerable.   I like looking into the eyes of the passing animals, but if I don't look too closely they won't make me cry.  I like taking photographs, so if I take things that are beautiful than I won't become sad.  

No comments: