Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I thought it was a pile of burnt debris...

Burnt Debris?
Went for a short walk in my conservative zone.  I told the Divine to bring it on...  I thought what I was looking at was a pile of burnt debris, but it moved and there was no wind.  It was a dog with no hair and bleeding on its' hind limbs.  People walking buy, 30 men in a group, couples, the gate keeper and no one appeared to notice?  I finally asked two men if they noticed the dog--blank looks.  Yes, they noticed but that is life in India.  Yes, it is part of the Divine Soup.  I will put in a call to HIS.  

Five minutes down the road, a group of women asked me for money.  Right on track.  

A few minutes from home, there is an elephant hobbled with chains waiting to give tourist rides--a new addition to the scenery.  People at home thought my puppy pictures from the ashram were sad.  Funny, I thought they looked cute and happy.  Am I becoming that disconnected?  Don't really know if I can do it any longer.  I was having that question before I went on the walk.  As I open my heart from the spiritual process, the pain of the outer world gets tougher and tougher.  I asked a self-realized being about it and he said that it would take a year (maybe less) until this intense pain subsides.  Nausea, trembling, tears, pain what else--anger is a comfort zone. 

 


I was told by a native that this is nothing when you consider what is happening to the humans in India (shall we make it around the world.) True on some level, but this is the touchstone to my heart.

No comments: