Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Faith Uncovered



Faith is confidence or trust in a person or entity.[1] [2] In religion, faith is belief in God or gods or in the doctrines or teachings of the religion. Informal usage of faith can be quite broad, including trust or belief without proof, and "faith" is often used as a substitute for "hope", "trust" or "belief".

I kept feeling like a fraud on the path not having faith in the The Divine.  My skeptical nature hung  on, but I continued to put one foot in front of the other, because no other path was calling.  I went through the motions wondering if that nagging point would ever change.

I asked the horses that I trained to have faith;  when I asked for something they responded without hesitation, with a sense of offering their cooperation, and a willingness to step into the unknown.  This was created over time and I always felt that when bringing along a young horse (a clean slate so to speak) that preserving the spirit of willing obedience--trust and belief in the "master" was the most important role that I played in the process.  A very precious quality that couldn't be forced on the pupil.  There may be points of strong corrections or guidelines, but that had to be applied with respect and love for the recipient.  I learned how forgiving and attentive horses (animals) are when treated with fairness.

I now see that I am no different.  I have never been under the guidance of a true master before.  I have worked with a lot of want-to-be masters with large egos , but not ones that uses unconditional love and compassion as the teaching method.  While reaching a place on the other side of my humanness , I understand that the separation from faith was created by the control of my ego.  No regrets, because the discernment has been a useful tool for my process.  Experiencing the oneness has brought my awareness full circle to the question of faith.  Would I be willing to act without hesitation in a cooperative way?  Yes.  It is the opposite of everything we learn to be "street smart" and clever by jump first and think after.  Trust becomes a big component of the faith, but the faith feels clear and unobscured.  At this point in the process, I don't really have any questions, since the unfoldment is not by my will but by the Divine's grace.  Would I drink Kool-aid offered by these Masters?

No comments: