Friday, December 28, 2012

Day Six Mayapur: Magical Morning

Amazing morning.  It felt like I passed my first spiritual exam.  There were five temples making up the complex.  One was accessed by a walk out through the rice fields. The workers were friendly and curious.  Nice to have a context for the pathway of rice production.  The temple was clean, simple, in nature, quiet, and empty.  What a nice welcoming atmosphere.  I was alone and felt at home to sit without disrupting too many rules.  Some people came and went, but I stayed with the feeling of being at Gurudev's feet.  An hour passed, puja was carried out and as I was preparing to leave when one of the priests was kind and enthusiastic to show me around--and encouraged photos.  How lovely since many of the places we visit don't allow photos.

Is this real?  I am sitting in an authentic ashram, in India, and meditating. Less than two years ago this would not have been a possibility.  The priests appeared to take me seriously, they didn't ask for money, and were proud of their ashram.  What a joy.

Entrance to main temple.
Mayapur is located on the banks of the Ganges river, at the point of its confluence with the Jalangi, near Navadvip, West Bengal, India, 130 km north of Kolkata ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayapur - Cached

Rice fields
Planting rice
One of five temples
View out one of the windows
Priest from the past
Priest from the past
Current priests
Proud of the garden
Garden
View over the wall towards the river
Special bush I was specifically shown
Entrance heading out to the path between the rice fields
Still hard at work
(Short video while sitting in the temple.)




No comments: