Saturday, November 12, 2011

Spiritual Groups LInked Together While Meditating


Nothing like an adult monkey with rigor mortis, the cow with the once broken leg hobbling across the road, and a driver starting to drive over me as I am passing in front of his "parked car",  to start off a walk. The love of India, its uniqueness, and constant opportunity to work on the ego armor.

 Interesting to chat with someone from an outlying village and hear how peaceful it sounds.  Gurudev talked about that too.

I met the one other female at the gym today.  A young girl working out--kudos to her and her efforts.  No one appears to work at a level that requires sweating, so I ask what is the point?  The guys lift weights and rest.  No one appears to be really sport minded.  Good news for me since there there are only two cardio machines, so there is not a long wait.  I will give myself 30 days to get back into "shape," after a 3 month break.  No sugar at the ashram is helping.  I have never felt so sick as eating those lumps of sugar--wow!  Sugar toxicity.

Vivekenanda's books are keeping pace with the unfolding.  I had to laugh when he referred to the Earth as a living play.  Meditation linked together, the Redwood Trees/ancient living wisdom, Grandmother's Circle/sacred women from all over the world who work together, Gurudev/astral beings, and the Cosmic Soup.  Fascinated by the body part of the meditation too.  Most of the time I have to shift when body parts fall asleep, but when I am in those really deep meditations (like today) the body somehow changes gears and manages.

Wedding ceremonies the past few nights at the neighboring garden.  Nothing like a free concert.  10:30 pm the night parade comes along with the groom/small child on the horse.  Fireworks/crackers are set off.  I get a kick out of the hand held light sources that are all tied to the truck with the charging unit through extension cords.



No comments: