Saturday, November 19, 2011

Look At The Similarities Instead Of The Differences

Ashram Garden
Getting back to digesting more of that "spiritual moment" and what it was:  experiencing the energetic unity of it all--oneness:  not one thing more important than another, I could function (walk, talk, and think) in that state, and there was a sense of peace (inner and outer.)  It was confirmed by a master spiritual being, so it was "real."  Since I am diligently chopping at ego tentacles (a lot like blackberry vines), I ask, is it okay to seek this experience again or do I just look at it as a moment of Divine grace?  The oneness is what I am seeking, so is there a greediness to wanting more of it?  Does it serve a purpose beyond my ego? Isn't the peace the point?  And for me, it is peace in life--not just in an ashram, cave, or monastery.

I gate crashed one of the weddings that happens across the road.  It was like Disneyland at a wedding!  Wow, yet another part of the zero to one hundred experience.  There was a feeding frenzy going on at the tables with people shoving and loading their plates up while the spotlight, fireworks, flashing/disco lights, and blaring rock music were setting the tone.  I was the only white person there, but no one took too much notice amongst the activities.  I did raid the popcorn stand, but the rest of the food looked like it could lead to 24 hours of food toxicity.  Another training wheels moment. I had just come from the oneness in the ashram, so I had to remind myself that there was no separation at this event--as unlikely as it felt, I was part of them.

The next morning at the ashram, that "spiritual moment" was part of the oneness I consciously wrestled with the night before.  How simple right?  Something switched in my brain--start looking at the similarities instead of the differences.  My next homework assignment.  I merged with the Divine Soup again--Gurudev looked up and gave me one of those long piercing stares that goes through you to a place that I am only starting to learn about. Starting to feel the formless, consciousness, spirit within...

No comments: