Thursday, November 17, 2011

Living In The Kaleidoscope


How is a day more of a kaleidoscope than what one can experience in India? Morning walk to the gym with the assortment of animals and humans.  Going to the gym a little bit earlier, since their power outage is from 9-10am. While traveling through the Pink City in the auto rickshaw, there was a very poor woman on the side of the road with her two children trying to wake her up.  She looked like one of the men who have appeared dead.  It caught my attention.  It reminded me of seeing an animal dying in child birth and then you find the offspring nuzzling and prodding it's mother to "wake up."  Onto a luncheon meeting at a beautiful hotel where the hostess is the Managing Trustee for Help In Suffering (and the owner of the hotel) and several of the women where involved with this particular charity or others.  Very interesting to discuss the social/religious systems within India and what really is the best way to offer help.  Lots of corruption, so that was also an interesting point to add to the learning curve.  More facets of India.  There is an opportunity to present Selfseeds and see how it fits with the health interests of Indians, since exercise and nutrition are becoming more a part of their lifestyle. On to teach Nat a riding lesson which is always a joy.  (She gave me a duvet---life changing event to have a fluffy warm sleeping surface!!!!!) Finished the day at the ashram with a remarkable infusion of heart opening energy.

Interesting to be a spiritual seeker as a description of "Who I am."   Very different stories and questions than when I am a horse trainer.  Fun to have a beautifully prepared multi course meal (dessert too!), but I enjoyed the evening prashad just as much.  Did I miss or envy the lifestyle of the wealthy?  It was lovely to touch into it and be reminded of the beauty created from a different point of view, but no regrets for what I am experiencing and learning through my life in the cement room.  Yes, I will thoroughly enjoy sleeping on the duvet and no, sleeping on a horse hair blanket is not on my list. 

No comments: