Friday, August 19, 2011

What day of the week is it?


Not only have I given up the technology, gadgetry. and convenience of the western world, but I have given up days of the week too.  How cool is that!  Spiritual exploration and deepening doesn't have a time schedule--24/7.  The other remarkable part is Gurudev's presence seven days a week.  Real commitment.

There have been other visitors who rely on English, so I have gotten to experience more of Gurudev's words instead of hearing only the tones.  Although, all of the sounds become like music.  On my first visit, I asked him if it would be disrespectful if I didn't learn Hindi, so I could stay in the resonance of the words instead of the understanding--less distraction while I work on my concentration.  He agreed, but it has been a bonus to understand the teachings too.  Karn has been doing a great job translating and I so appreciate that others jump in too to share what is heartfelt and relevant.  It is a handicap of sorts (luckily only a handicap relative to language), so the thoughtfulness of others looking out for me is a good reminder to look for ways to assist others in an ongoing daily basis.



Gurudev's words are always simple, truthful, and heartfelt.  The simple wisdom of introspection and kindness would revolutionize the world.  While I deepen into Gurudev's energy field and teachings, I have been continuing with reading to further understand the layers of the personality, world events, history, etc.

Hard to believe that I have been here less than a month and already how enriched I feel by this opportunity.  My walks in the hills and time on the spin-bike help to give me space to digest and process all of what happens.  My mind is still my device for distraction.  Feeling a true welling up to go deeper.  My ocean has waves, so I am up and down in the troughs and crests of the waves--the learning.  Still fighting the demons of productivity and reducing the "I" to "i" and nothingness. All the survival basics are established, safe, and known, so deeper I go.  The surrender wheelbarrow was parked for a day or two--now back to work. 

No comments: