Friday, August 5, 2011

Morning Traffic Jam

Looking from one fort onto another

How many spiritual centers do you have to argue with to make a donation?  Gurudev is so kind!!!  He wasn't going to except my donation, since he knows that I am here without a steady income and with so many unknowns.  He was also kind enough to ask about my food supply and how I was getting along.  There is a new cook at the Ashram who cooks very spicy, oily food, so we agreed that he didn't need to invite me for meals and that I was finding my way with minimal stomach upset.  A few learning curves:  cutting my finger with the new sharp knife while chopping up vegetables, accidentally sending part of my hand washing down the toilet as I emptied the bucket, (luckily it didn't appear to block the plumbing), and making sure all open food is contained so that the ants don't take over.  Karn and I are going to stay put, so we were able to work through the "no compromise" issues after all--shouldn't be as complicated as the US budget debates!

A lot has already happened for only being here a week.  Made a bus trip into town to find food supplies and a pillow. Only in India while waiting for the bus could you get asked by a passing camel driver if you need a ride.  Going into town was sort of like visiting another country.  There is so much going on with the number of people, construction, and assortment of shops.  It was actually fun.  Very different than dealing with it everyday and multiple times.  Score!  Found a great pillow.  Next on the list is a pillow case and a sheet.   I love going to the little supermercado on the edge of town.  No bargaining, air conditioned, polite check out, and they have everything I need.  Found a killer assortment of spices and things to dress up the food supply.  One of the people at the Ashram brought me a lovely head of cabbage, so that can be part of my next soup.  I am actually eating pretty healthy which is a key part of not getting sick here--I hope.

Traffic jam in the morning commute!
On my daily hike, I was finally able to make a complete loop:  ashram to Amber Fort, up to other fort, and down the road back to the ashram.  It probably took me 2 hours of steady walking, some photo shots of the remarkable view, and enjoying the elephants.  Now that I am staying put, I can get the spin bike/weights delivered to add to the fitness process.  Trying to look at the big picture.  When I leave, Karn can use the equipment in his yoga studio, (not too future yoga studio.)  

No comments: