Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stillness--is it an illusion

Gurus and their Guru

As I sit down to type, I giggle a bit because aren't I suppose to be practicing stillness? It feels like my day is packed from predawn to moon rise.  Between "sitting" three times a day, working out, and taking care of day to day basics--there isn't much time left over.  Those 24 hours still require some action at every moment.

There is a stunning book of photos from the Guru Full Moon celebration. Unbelievably beautiful!!!  The setting is like a fairy-tale, but there is controlled madness around.  So many people come, everyone brings offerings, and Gurudev ties a string on everyone's wrist and puts a dot on each person's forehead.  Last night, I saw the videos from the event.  I think they could put McDonald's drive thru to shame with the smooth, fluid control of the never ending line of people.  Everyone was patient and grateful.  I don't know how Gurudev can sit lotus style for that long--12 hours I was told?  There appeared to be some rules about where the offerings went according to who was offering them, so there was a lot of attention to detail for each person approaching--sort of like being an air traffic controller of humans.  The interesting part for me was that Gurudev contacted each human personally.  He wasn't sectioned off in some way to be observed as a glorified holy person, he was right there in the thick of it.

More energy stuff moving through the body.  I went to touch my forehead and the next thing I knew it was like someone drilled a hole through my third eye and was completing some science experiment.  Later, while I was sitting and having a talk with my will, there was some sort of light beam that came out of my heart and merged with Gurudev.  Fascinating how the mind comes up with these manifestations.

My false nails finally came off--feels like a hundred years ago that I competed in a dance competition.... I wonder if there is any spiritual correlation between false nails and false will?



No comments: