Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Three elephants...

Amber Fort

Three elephants just strolled by my back window.  I so love that part of India.  I am not sure how happy the elephants are, but selfishly, I love being in the presence of their physical being.  During my walk up to the Amber Fort, I got to walk along with them for a section and they are so amazing.  I am putting it on my list to find out where they live, so maybe I can go hang out, brush them, or something just to be near them.  Probably not to different then how I felt at 3 years old when my mom would find me sitting under the horses in the pasture behind our house--some things never change...

In meditation, examining the space between the distraction of our daily lives.  My life often feels like I am moving/rushing from one distraction to another; like jumping from one stone to another as I cross the river of life.  Is there a way to be in the flow instead of crossing perpendicular? Are the distractions necessary or a way to keep the separation alive (the pain?)  I am always abundantly grateful that the answers appear to consistently show up after the question is formed.  While sitting at The Tree this morning, I went to a place where time/space/distraction appeared to drop away.  My body took on a different feel of stillness and the experience of something looking through eye holes in the body construction appeared.  The body stayed organized, still, upright, and relaxed. I have experienced this place as an unexpected learning, but not with such a clear willingness to let go and experience something unfamiliar in the world as I recognize it on a daily basis.  It felt like I could have stayed there a very long time and willingly, but Baba called me out of that place and gently insisted that I have morning chai.  Funny, to be encouraged to drink Koolaid, so I don't drop too deeply into my true nature?


The grounds leading up to the fort
Getting use to not having furniture.  Excited to find a daily yogurt supply two doors down.  Plenty of bottled water to be secured.  No running water again this morning, but getting the bucket process down.  Going to request no sugar treats with prashad at the Ashram--5-6 sugar servings every day (combinations of sugar, flour, and ghee) is way too many.  Realized why people use spices when cooking.  My food is so basic/boring that I am going to search out a few spices.  Wow, surprise learning at every turn.  Tried to find a pillow and sheet yesterday, but no luck.  No bugs have been crawling into bed with me.  We have a piece of plastic stuffed down the floor drain, so snakes cannot crawl up.  The monkeys run across the roof almost daily.

No comments: