Friday, August 12, 2011

Animal Check-In

Oh my gosh, one of the coolest parts of India is going for a walk and seeing:  elephants, camels, cows, horses, birds, dogs, goats, pigs, and cats.  I couldn't resist posting these two photos.  They remind me of those puzzles where you have to find certain items in the picture.  I would have to title them--How many pigs are there?
How many pigs are there? Photo #1




Photo #2
I love walking out the door and finding a cow to give my vegetable/fruit peelings to--and they are so polite and friendly.  They let you pet them just like an American dog, ( I had to qualify that point since the dogs here are not as polite as the cows.)  Such beautiful eyes too.

Papaya recipient

I saw an elephant with an interesting contraption today.  It had a hobble and a long rope attached to parallel front and back legs.  Curious what that is about.  A training device?

Heading home
Last but not least, learning some new housekeeping tips:  don't add water that is too hot to powdered milk or it clumps horribly, hang your pants by the ends of the legs so the waistband dries, and how to outsmart ants.  So happy with the spin-bike.  Found another use for the bucket besides 'as a bucket' and a clothes hanging stool--a workout bench.

workout station

No comments: