Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Life Is Becoming The Distraction


I am looking into a very deep, ink black well with a sense of desperation, so I tell myself to stay with the fear/uncertainty and focus on my heart.  As I keep looking and staying in my heart, the blackness turns into a tunnel that opens to the limitlessness of a star-riddled, night sky.  Was I ever really looking into a limited well or was that just the veil on my heart?  Another image instead of a voice while meditating.

Life is becoming the distraction until I can get back to the stillness. The inner quiet is the refuge and I am learning to find it in the midst of any/all sound, smell, or activity.

To deny the changeableness of life is like fancying a motionless sea, which can only exist in one's imagination.
                        Bowl of Saki, December 6, by Hazrat Inayat Khan 

No comments: