Sunday, December 11, 2011

Falling Back Down The Staircase

Waiting for the event.

Silly me, I forgot to put the manhole cover back over the gaping hole in my heart.  Not a good idea when you are revisiting deep sources of pain.  I haven't visited animals on the list of what triggers emotional pain for awhile. I realized that I had been cheating and not looking them in the eye to see their souls.  Many of the animals who are roaming around free are ok, but the ones under the control of unconscious humans are paying the price.  Not too different than looking in the eyes of the children who are doing magic shows on the street.  Watching the elephant and sensing into his being was almost as devastating as seeing the starving dog with the broken jaw.

Should I be surprised that all of these animals ended up walking by my front door as part of a wedding procession?  An elephant leading, two camels, horses, a marching band, and the wedding party.

Does there come a point in time that I stop trying to exist in the outer world at the new levels of transparency learned in the ashram?  I thought that was the point.  At least that was why I came to work on all of this stuff.  I have new tools for sure and new places "to go," but the attachments, opinions, and preconceived ideas all have to go on the surrender pile for good if I am meant to anchor in this field. Pain is such a great motivator.

Ears pierced with hanging cloths for earrings.


No comments: