Friday, December 2, 2011

Bhagavad-Gita


Continually dipping into the physical world is helping me learn and assess my personal desire/pull for going deeper into the spiritual.  When is it enough?  Not yet.  As I experience luxury, creature comforts, and abundance there is still no stronger pull than to deepen into The Divine.  As I was coming to terms with this commitment to continue, Gurudev handed me a hard copy version of the Bhagavad-Gita.  Close to finishing the Vivekenanda books that I have,  I had planned to reread the Bhagavad-Gita next.  Should I be surprised by the perfect timing.  I have all of these amazing books right now (fiction ones too), but my eyes start blurring after a few hours of reading.  A test of patience.  Putting the book under my pillow doesn't work either.

More clarification of how nature acts as a spiritual teacher not unlike other religions.  Interesting to learn that Yogic practices are not required to deepen either--the principles are the key and not the house they are placed in.  Gurudev just keeps taking more and more off the requirement list.  Amazing....

No comments: