Monday, April 18, 2011

Puppy presence


As I was petting the puppy who fell off the roof, ( we are taking her into the vets tomorrow to have the leg x-rayed), I found myself in a familiar zone of animal presence and mental communication. It was lovely since this, like the recent nature experience, has been missing in my daily process. I have been spiritually deepening without my altar of nature and animals. Being with the puppy felt like home--an internal home that I am starting to uncover and understand how to fill from the inside.

We were hanging out together in the shoe removal area. I sort of lost track of time and space when I heard foot steps approaching the entrance from the outside. Busted while having a moment of tearful gratitude for the love and presence animals show us when Gurudev walks in from the dark to switch his shoes. My ego started to come alive and say, "Get it together and show your respects. Why are you tearing up about the unconditional love this puppy is sharing." While on the heart side, I am almost knocked over by a divine lightening bolt having the three of us in close proximity. He knew instantly my dilemma: do I keep petting the dog or pranam? What was the truth of my action to my reaction? He graciously said to keep petting the dog, because I needed that. How amazing to feel the innocent presence/love of a puppy and the conscious presence/love of a Saint at the same time. All one and the same.

No comments: