Saturday, April 16, 2011

Breakthrough in meditation

When I started meditating with Narayana's sangham at the ashram, I was wondering how and if I could transition to 6 hours of meditation a day. Not to mention the struggle with the position (still struggling, but making some small gains there.) The nine days of the Durga Festival helped with the longevity and made me more aware of the different intensities of bliss, but it was still "work." I was benefitting from staying disciplined and sticking with the practice--no doubt, but not feeling drawn to it (ego and skepticism hanging on to the bitter end.) I am drawn to dancing, riding, eating ice cream, reading a good book, watching a movie... Would I ever be drawn to meditation?

Not quite sure what breaker shifted, but I had one of those dissolving moments and ended up at a different energetic frequency. It (subjectively) felt like some sort of merging to a new source that was so inviting that I didn't want to leave. I was kind of hanging out there (not sleeping) when Narayana's face emerged out of my third eye (spot between my eyes), dissolved into Gurudev's face and I showed up in Gurudev's left eye in a lotus meditation position. The first moment that Narayana's face was morphing into completeness, it was a little bit odd like Pahari Baba levitating in my room, but I am starting to get use to these odd and varied experiences. As I came back to a familiar consciousness (starting to question that too), I had this overwhelming desire to go back into meditation. I was on the skateboard going down the hill instead of pushing it up. As the afternoon progressed into evening, the desire never left. From fitness junkie to meditation junkie???

1 comment:

Carol Singler said...

Awesome sharing, thank you for opening your journey for others to experience with you. Inclusiveness, we are all one in the bigger picture so this adventure touches all open hearts.
Hugs to all, Mataji