Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lint Screen Detector

When is the last time you got caught by an authority for not washing your hands? While I was in some new state of bliss, I got invited for lunch at the ashram. (They have been so generous to keep inviting me for meals. This style of Indian food is amazing and doesn't use curry. It all kind of looks the same--yellow, but does it takes great! They could open a restaurant. The other brilliant part is no preservatives, vegetarian, and made fresh daily.) I was sort of partially present when Gurudev called me out on not washing my hands. Hee Hee. I had to laugh, (of course to myself.)

Learning the rules of the ashram: 1) no socks (Initially, I left mine on because of the mosquitoes--wrong!), 2) I put my shoes in the wrong row of boxes (I was trying to put them out of the way and put them in Gurudev's private row--wrong! Now there is a curtain covering his row), 3) I reached to move one of the serving dishes with the wrong hand (I didn't know that I needed to know my hands like turn signals--still not sure about the correct way--wrong!), 4) folding the feet and legs up in a way not to have them exposed or pointing in the incorrect manner (working on it, but often wrong!), 5) keeping track of how your body parts are covered (even though your mid section can show--still haven't quite wrapped my mind around that incongruity--wrong!), 6) making sure to sit on the rug correctly (or that you are sitting on a little rug when you aren't sitting on the big rug--wrong!), and.... They are remarkably tolerant of my uncivilized western ways. Thank heavens Narayana gave me a starter package. At least, I haven't been thrown out. It can happen.

No comments: