Sunday, February 16, 2014

Capacity Building 101




To be as surrender in life as in death

(more walking thoughts...)


Several days in a row of 12-15 km walks. Like taming a wild animal. Day 3, the mind was quiet, so mantra, "Bring it on!" was dusted off. Delving into the world of sex slavery, slave trade, prostitution, gang rape (interesting to watch an interview of a men in the Congo talking about raping and the justification--they rape for magical powers, but would kill someone if the same action was taken towards their mothers, sisters, aunts etc. Nice double standard!), killing of children from a previous marriage, husbands selling their wives into slavery, massacre of elephants, ethnic cleansing, and more. Capacity building 101 Sue style. 

Why am I so driven to be able to walk in all facets of the planet with my heart open?  I understand now, until one realizes the true self, there will be no true capacity, the ego will continue to obscure the true heart, and leave one ignorant of Self. The opportunities for examining my self are available, so I am taking advantage of someone else's pain to test my own. While in the depths of sobbing anguish for all of the darkness, I asked if I would ever have true capacity? Not sure what happened, but when I woke up, another shift. Temporary or not, thank you for the marker.





A few days later, this showed up in the Bowl of Saki.  Nice!  Working on it.


He who expects to change the world will be disappointed, he must change his view. When this is done, then tolerance will come, forgiveness will come, and there will be nothing he cannot bear.
                        Bowl of Saki, February 18, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

No comments: