Saturday, October 22, 2011

True Nature



It was one of those remarkably quiet days at the ashram and I think I figured out what true nature is.  I have heard that word for quite sometime, but what is it really?  Vivekenanda's teachings have been so helpful.  There was a section in the Gita he wrote about that all of a sudden made sense.  I was getting excited to possibly understand this word pairing, so I took the risk and ran my abbreviated version by Gurudev:

"Our true nature is the unveiled state as the Absolute Truth/Divine.  I am knowing myself as the Divine."

Yes, reasonable interpretation.  I am starting to understand calculus and be able to simplify it down to algebra without distortion!  Secretly,  I always wonder if I am going to turn into some puff of smoke or something as I unlock the mystery of the spiritual world.  Nothing so far. Gurudev did mention something about the state of electro magnetics which makes sense when you look at it from a science perspective.  The high level physicists are right there with him in the conversation.  Einstein is on his iPhone which is a logical choice as someone in the human realm that looked at both worlds with extreme intelligence and discernment. 

 It turns out that Gurudev left for a few days to go to one of the other satellite spots. Interesting to see the preparation for a Saint to move location and ride on the train.  He went with one person.  He dressed up by putting on one of his new orange wraps and different clogs.  (That orange color is so iridescent and beautiful.)  I have never heard the ashram disciples so quiet and not one phone went off, but Gurudev was joking and smiling right up until the departure. He did offer one last glance at his wall of Divine Genealogy that presides on the wall next to his chair.

No comments: