Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rules, Guidelines, Principles?

Morning Light

Starting out the day sobbing and on my knees at the temple must have been the shakti wake-up for the rest of the day.  I was just happy to be running again and taking some new, cool photos....

So far, I have been fortunate to experience and witness some amazing aspects of inhabiting a human body and what the planet has to offer.  Having a man in an orange turban sit down, facing me to meditate hadn't been on my list before.  Being slightly claustrophobic of humans (or more than slightly) this did present an internal challenge to settle down and return to meditating.  He was quite friendly, trying to talk to me in Hindi.  How creative the universe is in pushing buttons.

I asked Gurudev to check my rules for being in the universe:

1. There are no answers...only being.
2. We are crazy until we become *absolute truth.
3. All is ultimately absolute truth/unity.

* Absolute truth being the Impersonal Divine"s purity level--the Vedic belief system.  He said that there are still Masters up in the mountains looking at all of this, adding to the Vedas, but nothing better has showed up yet.  He did say something about more to come.... I didn't ask when or how many lifetimes down the path.

From where I sit now, this feels complete.  The questions are details and not so much core theory.

Such a welling up of gratitude to have a Master of this magnitude to ask questions and trusting his wisdom, humility, and intellect to answer them--no ego, no attachment, no hidden agenda.

The Universe was already so generous to dole out all of these teaching and experience in one day, but there was more.  At some point while meditating it felt like I had entered some new, but familiar womb.  It had the sense of the fined energy field and as I was adjusting, I noticed that I was sitting with Gurudev and those type of Beings.  How odd I thought, but I am getting use to odd. Getting into it I experienced a short moment of the dark, no right-side-up was available, but then it turned into light.  It was so incredibly nurturing and peaceful, no resistance or turbulence, but formless and alive--better than my childhood forest, sitting with my animals, or hanging out with cool friends.

No comments: