Sunday, October 9, 2011

Incinerator Walk Becomes A Dream State


Incinerator walk in a dream state.  It could have been the forest or the beach...

As the walk began, how odd, I felt like I was walking in a dream.  It was if I was walking, everything was familiar, but all of it was like walking in a movie projection.  I was walking in a "Gurudev field of energy", but without the ashram around me.  Getting use to the unexpected, trying not to question, and be in acceptance of what is going on in the moment.  Next, I felt a desire to pranam on the street as if at the feet of the Guru.  Plus, I was experiencing the inner feelings that I have only experienced in the presence of Gurudev--tears of gratitude, bliss, and grace.  How bizarre!  I am on my incinerator walk that can ignite varying degrees and aspects of my ego, but instead, I am in some state of euphoric bliss.  No complaints just in awe.  My body felt relaxed, spacious, and without resistance.  Everything and everyone appeared to move in an unhurried but coordinated timing.  I had to adjust for a motorcycle or two, but it was like one of those slow motion episodes from the past.  When I was about to be struck by a car while crossing a street, time appeared to adjust our eminent contact in a way that I only felt a passing of the car's fender. The car incident felt slow, because I was experiencing living at my normal pace.  The motorcycles felt "in time", because everything else was moving at "dream speed."

This was in my inbox today:





The whole purpose of life is to make God a reality.
                        Bowl of Saki, October 9, by Hazrat Inayat Khan
Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:
As to the religion and the moral of the mystic, the mystic has one moral and that is love. And he has one aim in his religion and that is to make a God a reality. Therefore, his God becomes a greater God than the God of millions of people who only imagine that there is a God somewhere. To him God is a reality.   from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XI/XI_III_2.htm


The work of the inner life is to make God a reality, so that He is no more an imagination; that this relationship that man has with God may seem more real than any other relationship in the world; and when this happens, then all relationships, however near and dear, become less binding. But at the same time, a person does not thus become cold; he becomes more loving. It is the godless man who is cold, impressed by the selfishness and lovelessness of the world, because he partakes of those conditions in which he lives. But the one who is in love with God, the one who has established his relationship with God, his love becomes living ...
   from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/I/I_II_2.htm


Why is it that among simple and illiterate people a belief in God is to be found, and among the most intellectual, there seems to be a lack of that belief? The answer is that the intellectual ones have their reason. They will not believe in what they do not see... But the process that the wise consider best for the seeker after truth to adopt is the process of first idealizing God and then realizing God.
   from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IV/IV_51.htm


Among millions of believers in God, there is hardly one who makes God a reality, to so many He is an imagination, to many He is in a mosque, a church, or a temple. Many wonder if God is really. Many others think God is goodness, He is a personality separate from us, He is most high, most pure, most beautiful, but He is separate and difficult to reach. Many think that as it takes so long to reach this planet or that, God must be further away still. The purpose of one's whole life is to make God a reality.
   from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/archives/cupid.htm

No comments: