Saturday, September 17, 2011

Rereading the English Section in the Pahari Baba Book


As I continue to deepen into the spiritual field, I am also starting to piece together more of the history of India. How remarkably rich its involvement has been (and is) in the scientific and spiritual evolution of the Earth's field of civilization.  Gurudev has been very patient and thoughtful with my questions around the caste system and the remarkable Beings that don't need food which live in India.  What is the take home lesson?  I guess a lot of people wouldn't believe it?

In my late teens, I remember writing a letter to Sai Baba (the one who left his body recently) inquiring about something that now I cannot remember the question.  The letter was sealed and addressed, He (or someone) answered my question without mailing the letter, so it confirmed that the ethereal message board appeared to work.  For some reason, I thought it was fascinating, but I didn't decide to move to India at that point.  Instead, I went about my scientific studies of Genetics and didn't give it much more thought.  I minored in Studio Art and I remember that laboratory (and physics) was where I noticed that science didn't have answers to the ultra refined levels of energy.  One of my art professors was very supportive about my exploration of the limits of science through an art portfolio.

Rereading the Pahari Baba book, finishing Autobiography of a Yogi, and living at the feet of a Master Guru, it is all answering the questions that I forgot that I had early on.  I was elated with the Sai Baba "visit," but it was more a vision/voice in my inner mind that was very similar to the communication system that I share with animals.  We all have human friends who we can hang out with and answer questions that were never verbally asked, but I hadn't experienced it from half way around the world. At that point, I knew that my parents weren't going to go for a break from university studies to visit India, but the thought was there....

Over 25 years later, here I am.  It is so remarkable to have a teacher who doesn't even blink when I ask about these Beings who don't eat and live naked.  Rereading the section about Pahari Baba's subtle but powerful teachings, His physical presence, and tales form devotees made much more sense too.

No comments: