Sunday, September 4, 2011

Basics of life

While sitting in in my room ill again, I ran across this article.  How clever and insightful.  I was reflecting on my cement room with blaring traffic, electricity that is on and off, water that is available and not, etc. and thinking were it fit on the list of these children's rooms.  And then letting my mind wander to other bedrooms that I have inhabited.  Such a simple point of reflection and truth.


Photo essay: Where children sleep

The Lookout - Yahoo! News
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/photo-essay-where-children-sleep-204230454.html
Read 'Photo essay: Where children sleep' from our blog The Lookout on Yahoo! News. Recently, the charitable organization Save the Children asked documentary photographer James Mollison to come up with an idea to get people thinking about the rights of children around the world. What he came up with was an unusual, but powerful project: a photo essay of more than 200 children and their bedrooms, called "Where Children [...]
Read the full story

No comments: