Friday, September 2, 2011

Horses and riding

View from the arena to the stable
What a treat, I got to give a riding lesson.  It felt like such a long time ago that I was around horses in any professional capacity.  Through Help in Suffering,  I was able to meet one of the supporters who has a horse.  We had a lovely lunch of green salad (heaven for me!) at one of the beautiful Jaipur hotels, a chance for me to see an Indian home with beautiful floors/stair case etc.  (Very different than my cement room.  I figured there were other ways to live in India.) and then to help her with riding.  A pleasure to meet the owners of the facility as well.  They retrain Thoroughbreds from the racetrack for dressage, jumping, and eventing.  The horses were well fed, very clean stables, and looking bright.  (What a relief!  I realized that for the past few days my horse from home, Jaz, has been showing up in my thoughts.  I think he was shepherding me on my step back into the horse world.  The horse world is the most sacred part of the animal world for me, so I was dreading finding decaying animals in poor health.)

Silver Spurs Equestrian Stables JaipurHorse Riding, Show ...

Silver Spurs Equestrian Stables, horse riding Jaipur, Show Jumping, Dressage, trainedhorses, riding school ... cavalry, polo, horses Jaipur Rajasthan India,trained horses ...
silverspursjaipur.com/default.htm - Cached

Valerie and her Thoroughbred gelding

Owner of the facility on a Thoroughbred


No comments: