Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Walking Naked

Kindness

Walking naked.  What happens when I stay with the Oneness that I have learned from the ashram?  There is no male, female, young, old, dark, light--only a sense of excited peace.  Gurudev did say that managing the ego would take work, so the idea that when one gets to India a magic wand is waved and all is bliss doesn't appear to apply--in at least my case.  As I locked the outer door to start my incinerator/insanity walk, the consciousness for not separating needed to start working.  A few hundred feet down the road was the first test.  I told myself to stay naked and see what happens.  Not pleasant, but I am still alive and not physically assaulted.  I bounce back into the the excited bliss state, since that appears to be the baseline right now.  I could even just lie down on the street and enjoy that zone completely too.  Options--how cool!

Over and over the opportunities to not stay naked appear.  It is interesting to observe my thoughts arise and then watch what category they want to fall into.  While working with animals, I have prescribed to the method of giving the animal a choice before making a correction.  Patience to hold the space, not have judgement, sit with an open heart, and see what decision is made and then allow or make a correction--over and over.  Until the horse makes its' own clear decisions that fits with the scenario, he/she isn't truly trained.  I can manipulate a horse to control it, but to me that isn't training of the highest level.  (The training of a seeing-eye dog is a perfect example of consciousness training for animals.)  Making a clear decision in a space of freedom is training.  Does the passing man glance at you and then advert his eyes or does he mentally aaault you by staring and searching up and down your body as if you aren't even noticing?  Does the child running towards you saying hello or even run past you--or does he/she start begging, chasing you, and not responding to the reply of no?  (We have beggars at home too, but they don't run after you, because they would probably get in trouble for harassment.) When the auto rickshaw starts slowing down, is the driver going to park or pick up a different passenger--or start to insist that you need a taxi ride?

In my attempt to stay naked, I stayed with still alertness, no preconceiveds idea, or attachment to what was unfolding.  It required going past the place where I would normally begin to react, create a veil, or pick up a weapon.  There were times that I could blend back into the oneness and other times that I acted in some manner.   When I went to act, I had to examine whether it was within my capacity. The game rules were changing.  The point of separation was lengthening.  I was told that it was okay to act, but my personal willingness to act was creating lint again.  While I am in the incinerator, the teaching is how not to accumulate lint, play the game on the Earth, and keep my heart open.

Pretty awesome to return to peace at the switch of a thought form.  The thought isn't to find bliss.  The thought is to not switch out of peace where the space is filled with Absolute Love.

No comments: