Friday, March 2, 2012

Now For The Culture Shock

Spring is coming

It struck me when I was in Safeway at 10:30 pm (after working out and showering at the beautiful gym)--the culture shock.  Wandering around buying fruit, tea, shampoo, and a few random items.  Oh My Gosh--the abundance.  Do we realize how fortunate we are?  Where does all of this "perfect" fresh food come from?  There were no bruised items in sight.  And so much of everything.  Crazy and almost embarrassing in some ways.  Then I proceeded to the gas station.  It was open, clean, well lighted, and had a friendly, helpful clerk--even at that time of the night.  Does America sleep? This part is truly surreal from a physical standpoint.  The freedom to move about unobserved, undisturbed, and I still haven't heard one horn honk.

On a silly note, the gym here is less expensive than the one in India, but not anything else...  Putting in work applications for many different jobs (whatever the universe wants):  wedding party DJ,  Pete's Coffee House, office assistant, nutrition sales person, and tomorrow I check out a horse facility and talk to my horse sales business partner.  Planning to approach a few of the gyms and other places about presenting Selfseeds. Not one idea of what will show up for $.  One house sitting job is lined up for next month.

Yin and Yang of Winter/Spring

No comments: