Saturday, March 10, 2012

Gratitude For The Trees



Perspective
While driving out to visit one of my teachers who lives in the exquisite beauty of the Redwood Trees, I stopped to take some photos--one of my new found passions from this year.  These trees are so massive and so tall and so wise that it is hard to do justice to their true nature in a photograph.  It was as if I was at the feet of the Nature Guru and I found myself offering myself in pranam on their bed of needles and leaves shed from living as a forest.  So much gratitude for their presence in my life as a key part of a childhood companionship, as a living example of inner stillness, and as teachers unfolding the universe's state of interconnectedness.  Another coming home in a sense.  The same tears, the same outpouring from my heart, and the same sense of truth/wisdom that speaks volumes without words from the energetic field at large.

Something that I have always appreciated about forests in America is the unruliness.  They are wild forests.  Not manicured and cultivated from years of civilization, they are still raw.  I saw a lot of amazing trees in India, but they were often alone and not living in the presence of their tree family.  Experiencing a tribe of these ancient beings is breathtaking.




No comments: