Monday, March 5, 2012

First Sitting With The Western World's Tribe

Spring's Beauty

As I went to sit down at the DMV and wait for my number to come up on the screen, I was remembering my visit to the Foreign Affairs Office and other official offices in India.  It was fun to sit with a group from the local culture and observe the diversity:  there were all shapes, sizes, ages, nationalities, and belief systems moving about.  All of us sat in chairs that were in tidy rows and I found myself drifting into "ashram mode."  The inner stillness was present, the joy was present, and even the tears of gratitude for the Divine were welling up.  I had to stay alert so I didn't miss my number, but I could have easily closed my eyes and drifted into the beautiful essence.  How different for me to feel such peace and ease with a group of unknown humans.

When I would leave my cement room in the morning, I often felt like a set of eyes in an energy field starting the walk to the gym or the store.  The assaults from the environment would prod me back into my physical form.  Because California's environment is not taxing me in the same way,  I feel like I keep oozing out of my human form into an expanded puddle-like human form.  When I have to perform exacting details, I can feel a bit disconnected and cumbersome in the execution.

Before, nature and animals were the highest bar of spiritual energy for me.  I had mentioned to Gurudev that he and Pahari Baba currently felt the same to me, but now nature didn't feel as exquisite.  He reminded me that my materialistic nature had still been in place when I was experiencing breath-taking beauty, but now everything would have the opportunity to feel a kin to the Divine Nature.  As I was photographing the flowering trees and enjoying the feel of the sun on my back, light breeze blowing, and the stillness of the aging tree, the depth of my heart began to tingle and expand outwardly in the lovely way I experience in Gurudev's presence.  His words of wisdom came washing through me as delicately as the breeze.

  

No comments: