Thursday, November 26, 2015

The Mother in a Cave


Roof top view from the top of the hill
Road work diverted my walk, so I took a new path and found a new temple. Scampered down the hill on the goat trails to find a welcoming Baba and a cave temple. I haven't forgotten the caves at Ramana Maharshi's temple, so this might give me a local chance to sit in one. Bonus! I am always talking about living in a cave, so now to try it out. This one is dedicated to the Mother, it is like a womb in the mountain. The vibration inside was incredibly still, but not stifling.


Looking back from the level access into the city. I won't have to be a goat every time I visit.
Found this poem I downloaded three years ago for Pahari Baba's Birthday. It still applies today. Grace and it could easily get an add on.


To One Who Is In Aid Of Humanities Birth

Thank you for answering my conditions.
Your morning of levitation led me to examine the beyond.
Please forgive me for not making tea or offering pranam.

Thank you for sitting with me in the star-filled, blackness of night.
Your presence gave me confidence to abide in the expansiveness of nothingness.
Please forgive me for not bringing an asan or offering pranam.

Thank you for showing me your feet while watching the river of light.
Your wisdom allowed me to experience the truth of the universe.
Please forgive me for sitting dazed by the beauty of the light and not offering pranam.

Thank you for letting me look directly into your eyes.
Your merging showed me oneness with the formless.
Please forgive me for my surprise and not offering pranam.

Thank you for helping me love and accept the embodiment of Gurudev.
Your play of energy fields showed me that you are both one and the same.
Please forgive me for not having the capacity to show my true gratitude, but I can offer pranam.

Thank you for being the inner voice of guidance to proceed on the path of liberation.
Your love and patience astounds me as I continue to fall, trip, and stumble.
Please forgive me for my clumsiness, but I can offer pranam.

Thank you for introducing me to your Divine Friends.
Your kindness and gentleness encourages me to have faith.
Please forgive me for my shyness, but I have no doubt in my heart.

Thank you for responding to my questions and providing homework assignments.
Your unwavering support inspires me to look for the Divine Light in all.
Please forgive me for my slowness, but I have no doubt in my heart.


No comments: