Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Next step..

So you may have noticed that I was in Johannesburg and not at Wait A Little. Many aspects of the experience were remarkable, The WILD ANIMALS, but there were some areas that I felt I was violating my professional/personal code of ethics. My job wasn't to educate, but to serve. Taking advantage of the scheduled time off, I am leaving for India tomorrow. I will spend 10 days in Jaipur with Narayana and part of the group I see in Northern California--and Narayana's Guru. AMAZING!!! Afterwards, I am headed over to Chennai to volunteer with a group who helps children with their educational needs. It sounds like I might be teaching swimming, English, and whatever else they would like me to do: www.communities-rising.org and www.communities-rising.org/blog I became interested in this program through a friend. Her cousin, Betsy is the organizer. My friend had told me about an amazing young lady, Kavita, who has gone from being in a city without legs or an education to now walking with two new legs, going to school, and helping other young people develop through the same program that helped her.
My plans are to keep blogging unless everyone is tired of it. The adventure continues....

No comments: