Monday, March 7, 2011

Animal overdose

I think I have overdosed on animals today. I didn't think that was possible. Hope you are ready for a lot of pictures. By the way, the lions roared all last night. And they are still roaring. Met Zero today while riding home. He is the main, male lion. Sorry no photos again. Having a bit of trouble with the horse I was riding (his nickname is Larry the Lump): he wouldn't move forward, so that I could move away from the lion. He is a horse in the learning process--me too as far as this type of training. So leaving marks on the side of the horse is acceptable when trying to leave the scene of a lion--true survival riding--and the horse says no.

What did I see today: impalas, giraffes, wildebeest, cheetahs, lion, African buffalos, civet, baby crocodile, warthogs, kudus, hippo, zebras, elephants, fireflies, birds galore, fish, frogs, turtles, very diverse landscape....

Tomorrow afternoon begins the ride to the neighboring game reserve. One night camping out and two nights at Makalali (see previous blog for photos.) Returning Friday afternoon.


No comments: