Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Peacock Feather


After the discussion about the perfect human, I was trying to examine what would it be like to have one’s thoughts on the Divine for an extended period of time outside of meditation. How would that mix with daily life? Without planning it, I had a small trial run. For Gurudev’s 72nd birthday, I wanted to find a peacock feather while out walking. I spent an hour looking and while looking for the feather, Gurudev, Pahari Baba, Ramakrishna, and Absolute Love were looping as a continuous thought, but without effort. My walk had a destination, so I carefully placed the feather in a tree while continuing my walk. My thoughts continued to loop on the four for another hour until I returned to the hidden feather. The final hour walking home was with the feather, trying not to crush it in any way, but the looping continued. What I learned was that the looping muted the usual disturbances of honking cars, drivers cutting close, men making sounds, and so on that are part of the atmosphere for a white woman walking. A functional sense of my inner state from meditation was present, but not as disorienting. Instead it provided a different baseline of operation. It feels like this begins a new awareness in my day-to-day practice.

It is as if the spiritual comas are changing the density of my inner state, so it feels possible to live with the concept of Absolute Love/Divine as a felt sense while taking action in the outer world. It is also simplifying and clarifying the focus of my path. The felt sense helps to keep me tethered with less and less willingness to fall into the ego’s game of distraction. The concern about madness has been replaced by the grace of the new inner blend. How could one not want to live with an inner state of Absolute Love? Maybe the truth is beginning to replace the story?

A perfect human

No comments: