Friday, July 29, 2011

Return to Jaipur, India

What would I have done without Karn.  He picked me up at the airport and spent the day helping me sort out buying a mattress, clothes rack, and misc. stuff to live in my new home.  Nothing like looking out the back window and seeing elephants strolling along the road or a floating palace on your local lake.  Arriving at 6:45 am, the temperature was pleasant and driving through the Pink Palace was very quiet.  What happened to the India I remembered?  Was it a dream?  Surfacing again around 10:00, everything was back to normal with sounds, smells, and sites.  This is a massive shift and I will be more or less camping in Jaipur.  Hoping to install the fan today which will make a big difference.  Found a hot plate and I do have wall sockets, so I will be able to start heating tea and cooking--it won't be much of a shift for me regarding cooking except for a big, leafy, green salad every day.
I was pretty well not in in my normal state when I went to the ashram, but it didn't matter.  It was so lovely to sit in the presence of Gurudev and feel the remarkable heart opening energy.  I had a chance to look at a book that was made from pictures of the Guru Full moon--wow.  Gurudev sat for 12 hours in lotus position without a break, 2,000 or so people streamed by for the celebration and a big dinner was served for 1,500.  I had been emailed by someone in India that I had missed a big event.  Karn had also said that it was one of the biggest days of the hear.  Maybe I will still be here next year?  Irregardless, I enjoyed being part of the celebration in Santa Rosa. 

No comments: