Sunday, August 16, 2015

Spiral Staircase of Patience

Sir Galahad, 20 year old Thoroughbred gelding

Okay, so I have patience when training horses and riders, but not for my daily life. Homework.

I was wondering if there could be a major fracturing without pain. Now, I can say yes. The recent night/dream experience was life changing, but it appeared as an offering of support rather then an opening from a point of despair. Grace.

Spending time looking at videos of Olympic dressage riders from the past, Nuno Oliveira's training, classical riders, reading classical training books etc. as I sit with the state of horse training in the modern world. Looking forward to teaching in Hungary. Really enjoyed examining the basic riding behind the jumping community. Watching the old videos is reminding me of my roots and why I am satisfied with where I have evolved in my training approach. The horses and riders are my daily teachers. The second book is very timely as a voice for the horse.

Ultimo
Dillon

No comments: