Friday, October 25, 2013

Daintree Rainforest, Australia




Morning jog on the Port Douglas beach.  What a breathtaking view to start the day!

Off to the oldest rainforest in the world, Daintree Rainforest.  To hear the words of passion from the marine biologist at the Great Barrier Reef and now the tour guide of the rainforest--the natural jewels of the planet and the challenges to preserve them.  Overpopulation and greed are impending stress factors.

While walking in the rainforest and snorkeling in the sea, I had extended moments of wanting to be absorbed into a deep inner place that I have become aware of through my time in the ashram.  Soon enough I tell myself, but the time of walking in nature is stunning and filled with gratitude.

Daintree Rainforest, Australia

One of the oldest plants to inhabit the earth

One of the oldest reptiles to inhabit the earth
Cape Tribulation

(short video below)




No comments: