Monday, October 6, 2014

Sitting In The Eye Of The Vortex

The Ocean and its power. 
Local Elk herd--Northern California
How the lesson plan continues to unfold. Offerings? Poignant moments? Insights into energetics unknown, but revealed to leave one bathed in stillness at a new awareness? Invited to a Sufi devotional music event presented by world recognized musicians. Attending as a newbie and no expectations.  I sat on a folded blanket on the floor with an opportunity to work on my ashram posture and presence. The music began. I couldn't stop the tears from the beauty of their voices, intention, and vibration/resonance of the whole.  For an hour and a half, I became the eye of the storm in stillness while the energy of the music and dancing crowd swirled around me as what I could only guess a tornado is like. Only the swirling energy was the same texture as the stillness, but moving.  How is this possible? An insight into the transition from being to doing without needing to pick up anything extra? An observation of power and activity without the distortion of ego? An opportunity to be in stillness while surrounded by dancing, singing, and drumming at a high pitch?

Thank you bus driver. I just need to continue to be open. These moments are so profound, because the mind cannot make sense of something so beyond its' capacity. Words are only a rough outline. A thread connecting all that I learned at the feet of the Master while sitting a half a globe away. The daily lesson plan has not slowed because I am not in India. Grace.

No comments: