Saturday, November 30, 2019

The Hum...

Learning about living in snow. 
Light snow, so I don't have to worry about my car freezing...

Getting back from the incubator of India is always a transition and a let's better understand what is different. I go without any expectation of change, but always come away with some gift/grace of deeper understanding/awareness.

Now, I am with my horses in Arizona and the weather has limited work, so it is a remarkable time for silence, stillness, and reflection. As I deal with settling into a room, getting food, sorting out the life program for the horses, organizing year end taxes, and life stuff, I am aware of a hum.

The hum is a sense of G.O.D. that is ever present as a backbone to my life actions. Having two major life obstacles fall off my obscuration list, the hum is recognizable. Instead of it as a concept of awareness, it feels like a state of awareness. This trip to India, I felt like I shifted from an awareness of inner peace to being in a stream of inner peace. The hum appears to be part of experiencing a different frequency of awareness. As a child, I heard a voice and felt a presence. Until Gurudev mentioned it several years ago, I had forgotten about it. I called it the alien as an adult.

When I got to Arizona, I decided to take off striving, goals, and so on that support material based living. It lives as a neon light in America. It appears as a layer intrinsic to life. I like to work and plan on working until I drop dead, but the shift is in relationship to the idea. As a scientist, I view all the trips with the wheelbarrow to the surrender pile as part of a science experiment. The volume of the hum is new.

It is funny how I continue to blog and write about all of this. The transition from sensing to words appears to be useful in my digestion and meditation--just like walking.


Horses are in the barn as the snow falls, so paddocks are empty.




No comments: