Thursday, September 15, 2011

Devotion


An email from a spiritual organization showed up in my inbox about devotion.  I hadn't given much thought to that word, since I haven't really followed any spiritual practice guided by a human form until now.  Have I become devotional?  I would say that I have deepened my desire to know the subtleties of the world behind what most of us experience daily in a physical body.  I am enlisting the help of a teacher who understands and can act as a guide. My focus is still on the path.  Not too different than seeking a mastery for dancing or riding.  At the end of the day,  I can only follow the path that is unique to my destiny/design.  Who am I is still the question even if I am looking beyond time and space. Before my answer would contain height, weight, eye/hair color, profession descriptors and now it would be some effort to find words to describe a limitlessness that is all part of The Divine.

Great timing, The Bowl of Saki offered these thoughts today.


Devotion to a spiritual teacher is not for the sake of the teacher, it is for God.
                        Bowl of Saki, September 14, by Hazrat Inayat Khan





No comments: