Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Meditation view from my front porch

Breathtaking every time

What a view from the front porch of where I live.  How could you ever get tired of looking at that beautiful building.  Three hundred years old?  If it could talk, I can only imagine the stories it could share.  I had to chuckle, after I sat down to meditate, I noticed a dried cow patty next to me--second floor and no cows in sight.  My first instinct was to discard it over the railing and then I remembered the vision of cow patties drying on the rocks during some of my walks.  At that moment, one of the young women from downstairs who is very elegant, light on her feet, and dressed in a beautiful sari came along to check on the condition of the patty.  I can only guess that it was pertaining to it's dryness, since it was a beautiful, sunny afternoon.  All of this was done without a blink of an eye as if passing through the drive-thru at a neighborhood McDonalds.  I was the odd part of the equation:  the foreigner sitting and meditating.  India is so fun.



Night and morning


Not sure what happened, but 2 hours passed while I was meditating.  Lovely to see the transition from light to dark.  While I was sitting, I was able to return to that place I find while sitting in front of Pahari Baba and Shiva.  I have been only meditating in the ashram, so it is cool to find the "zone" in other places.  The mind is interesting.  At one point, I was starting to shift depths and I hear this voice, "Why don't you stay a while longer," so I did.  Lately, when I come out of this place,  my mind thinks my body  is functional, but it appears not to be as I find myself needing to add a moment to balance like a foal standing up from a nap.

Renovations 

Small upgrades:  the landlord worked on our doors, (different, not sure if they are better, but he worked on them very ernestly),  he trimmed the drapes so they aren't acting as wicking agents from the standing  water, we made better use of the clothesline, and added a nail in the wall to hang the garbage bag. The monkeys have been coming in my room while I have been on the laptop--surprise visitors!  It is all perfect.  I have a very lovely sheet and pillow case now.  There are plans to add a large water jug and  lubricate the bike, so it isn't squeaking  I am finding tastey eggplants, onions, cucumbers, apples, and tomatoes in the market.  Broke out one of the all natural bars of soap that I brought from home, (thank you Norma.)



No comments: